Spicy Peach Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Peaches

My husband went on a business trip to Atlanta last summer, and brought me home a bottle of "Peach Grilling Sauce" that he found in a local market. I was excited to use it and decided to make a yummy dinner a few nights later.  Well, when I opened the bottle and tasted it, it was SPICY!! Mama Mia! I am not a spicy-foods eater, so I had to figure out a way to make it palatable for me. Enter Greek Yogurt, vanilla flavor. My favorite way to tone done heat in Mexican food is with sour cream, so I figured the greek yogurt would be a good counterpoint to the spice in the sauce.

Funny story about this picture. I didn't serve it up that night to look like this. But sadly, my husband called me about 10 minutes before I expected him home, and informed me that he had been called out on an emergency situation for work. Darn it. So, I made a plate for him to have when he arrived home hours later. I thought he's appreciate a good looking plate of food, showcasing the gift he brought him for me. I have to admit, when I plated it up I thought..."I really should take a picture of that!" And so I did. Now that I'm blogging, I'm grateful to have done so.

Most of the time when I am cooking I don't use recipes. I just go for it. So going back in my "taste memory" I am now re-creating for you the dish I made that night. Of course using the original sauce from Atlanta that I used is going to be impossible for most everyone to acquire, so I am suggesting using any sort of spicy grilling/marinating sauce that you can find. If you have to, peach preserves could be used, diluted half with water, and spiced up with Red Pepper Flakes.


Spicy Peach Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Peaches


SAUCE:
  • 1 1/2 cups Spicy Peach Grilling Sauce
  • 1 cup Greek Yogurt, Vanilla or Plain (My FAVORITE brand is ZOI, if you can find it!)
  • 1/2 cup Honey
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
  • 1 TBL Brown Sugar
  1. Save half of the sauce for finishing the dish, and marinate 2 Pork Tenderloins in the remainder. Marinate in the fridge for 2-6 hours. Keep remaining chilled until sauce is made.
  2. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
  3. Remove tenderloin from marinade and discard excess.
  4. Heat a skillet with 1 TBL Canola Oil and sear all sides of the tenderloins until browned.
  5. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, or until the internal temp reaches 150 degrees.
  6. Heat remaining sauce over medium heat until nearly boiling, but take care not to let it fully boil as that will break down the yogurt and cause it to curdle. Serve over the sliced pork.
GRILLED PEACHES:
  • 2 whole Peaches, pitted
  • 2 TBL Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 Honey
  1. Combine Honey with Brown Sugar until dissolved
  2. Slice the peaches into wedges and brush on the honey mixture.
  3. Grill in a ridged pan until caramelized.
I serve this with Coconut Rice (recipe here), Grilled Peaches, sliced Avocados and the sauce over the top of all three. Serve toasted Naan Bread wedges on the side.


No comments: