Pumpkin-Apple Cider

The Perfect Hot Drink for all your Fall and Winter Events!



Last week, my husband and I hosted a large gathering and I made this yummy cider to go along with the Pumpkin and Apple Theme I had planned for the Decor and Refreshments. It was a BIG hit and I had people asking me (begging me...haha) for the recipe. I technically didn't use a recipe, (as usual) I just threw things together! However, for the benefit of those that asked, plus those who will find this via the internet, I made it again in a large batch yesterday (for another event that I hosted in my home) and I kept track of how much of everything I added. 

 

It's so fast and easy to put together, I'm sure you'll fall in love with it as a host, and I can guarantee your guests will love it as well!

 

 

 

Can we thank Starbucks first off for creating a "Pumpkin Spice Latte" frenzy that spurred on an abundance of Pumpkin Spice Products?? **Applause** I don't ever drink coffee, but I sure do love Pumpkin Spice, so I'm thrilled that what seems to be the entire planet is so obsessed with "PSL" that food manufacturers are getting in on the act this season. Their creations mean more fun for me! 

 

Speaking of Starbucks, you'll notice that I used one of their ingredients in my mixture. I went in to see if I could buy their famous Pumpkin flavoring, but they do not sell it! For rude! ;) Anyway, I looked around and decided upon the Cinnamon Dolce syrup. I've decided that it tastes like a Vanilla-Cinnamon mix. If you can't get it, just add cinnamon and vanilla to your mixture, and the flavor should be close. Or make your own Simple Syrup with those flavors. You may want to use Cinnamon EXTRACT vs powder either way because it mixes completely and doesn't add a texture.

 

Additionally, if you can't find the Pumpkin Spice Creamer, just use plain and add the flavors above that I suggested, in addition to Pumpkin Spice Seasoning. I am adding a pic at the end of the post showing all the specific ingredients that I used for a visual when you go shopping. If you can't find the Pumpkin Whipped Cream....I'm REALLY sorry! I'm so happy I CAN find it...I'm totally addicted to it now! I found the Torani Syrup at Walmart in the coffee/hot cocoa section, BTW. I originally intended to do a drizzle of it over the top of the cream, but found I was not impressed with the flavor in that application. However, mixed into the base, it is perfect.

 

So, here you go! Enjoy!

 

PUMPKIN-APPLE CIDER

 

~1 Gallon GOOD Quality Apple Cider (if it's completely CLEAR looking, it's not real cider)

~1/4 cup Starbucks "Cinnamon Dolce" Syrup

~2 TBL "Torani Pumpkin Pie" Flavored Sauce

~1 1/2 cups "Pumpkin Spice" Creamer (Some store brands offer this flavor, including Kroger)

~Pumpkin Whipped Cream and Nutmeg for topping

 

Bring cider and two sauces to desired temperature. Stir in Creamer just before serving. Top each individual serving with "Pumpkin" flavored Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of Nutmeg or Pumpkin Pie Spice. 

 

If you prefer to use your crockpot, set it to high until boiling, and then reduce heat to low for serving.


*If you have any leftovers, cool it in an ice bath until below 50° and then refrigerate. This can not be left at room temperature, or you're just asking for food spoilage bacteria! Bring to a rolling boil quickly before re-serving. 

 

 

No comments: