Almond-Pear Torte

I made this torte (along with an Apricot version) to take to a family party last week...and I forgot to snap a shot of the finished product before we left! Mercy...I hate when that happens. Just know that it looked very similar to this one...just browned and baked. ;)  This is a decadent tasting treat, and you will feel like you are transported to Europe when you bite into it. It's that good. I created this recipe after trying a similar dessert at a local European Deli in my area...and my taste buds kept telling me to go back! 

I do have another picture of smaller versions that I made for the Bake Sale we had at the Culinary School I am attending. You can see those in this post. I used 2 different types of pears for this one, but any variety of pear will work.

Almond-Pear Torte
This recipe makes enough for two 9-inch tart pans, or approx. 15 mini pans
Crust:
  • 1 8 oz block Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Butter, softened
  • 1 TBL Cream
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 2 TBL Sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups Flour
Filling:
  • 1 can Almond Paste
  • 1/2 cup Butter
  • 2 Eggs
  • 3 TBL Flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
  • 1 cup Almond Milk (or Cream)
  • 3 TBL Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 3-4 Pears, thinly sliced (don't slice until the crust is ready and filled)
  1. For the crust: Cream the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
  2. Mix in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
  3. Shape into 2 disks and wrap in plastic.
  4. Chill dough for 4, or more, hours.
  5. For the filling: Blend the paste and butter together until creamy.
  6. Add the remaining ingredients, except pears, and mix thoroughly.
  7. Once the dough has chilled, roll into a circle large enough for your pan of choice.
  8. Grease the pans.
  9. Pour filling into the crust, and then top with the pears.
  10. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes, or until the center is completely set. (20-25 for mini tarts)













No comments: